Always have to reboot - Arrrgh

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pkr, Jul 17, 2007.

1. pkr

pkr Junior Member

I'm really disappointed with v3. I had such a good experience with v2 that I grabbed v3. Now I have to turn of the VM EVERY time I start it for the first time in a day. EVERY ***** time. It's very annoying.

Symptoms. It starts but is soooo slow. In the end things stop responding and it starts "boing" noises when I click on anything. In the end I just have to turn the machine off. After turning the machine on again it works fine. When are the next updates, when...when?

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

There is a new release. hopefully it will work for you.

But just in case make a backup off your vm !!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. loyalty4life

loyalty4life Bit poster

When I installed the new version today, a screen came up saying to "press the power button down for several seconds or press the reset button". My mac mini has only one button, and it would only power off after holding it down. Then I went back to the program, and it asked me to do it again! Wash rinse and repeat. How stupid. I even tried doing a normal restart after I reloaded the computer up. Still nothing was changed.

As anyone else having this problem?

4. pkr

pkr Junior Member

I've taken the latest version now...

So far I haven't had to reboot...yay. However, I still have exactly the same problems with Direct X on (e.g. IE crashing logging onto Hotmail) and the screen doesn't correctly resize in full screen mode (stays at the same resolution as the guest window). Sill some way to go then.
    BTW these were not problems in v2.

5. kat

kat Product Expert

loyalty4life were you able to install the Parallels tools in your vm?
    kat