An odd Question about Paralles & Virtual PC

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by chuckf11, Apr 26, 2007.

1. chuckf11

chuckf11 Bit poster

I have to do a training class on MS Sharepoint 2007. Part of the training includes a Virtual PC Image that has Sharepoint preconfigured on it. My question is, can I install Virtual PC on Parallels, then use this VP Image?

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

As far as I know, you cannot run Virtual PC under Parallels.

However, you can use Parallels Transporter (included in the Parallels Desktop package) to convert the Virtual PC image into a Parallels image which should then launch directly in Parallels. I have not tried it so I do not know whether it works properly or not.

And also, if the image is Windows XP, Vista, or Server 2003 you may have to reactivate when launching the converted image in Parallels.

[​IMG]

3. chuckf11

chuckf11 Bit poster

Another Newbie Question

Like Virtual PC, can I have two Parallels images and switch between them? I know when I run VP I get a list of images I want to start. Can I do the same thing with Parallels. For example. Take the Virtual PC image use Transporter to convert it to a Parallels image. Then when I start Parallels, I would be prompted to choose which image I want to run. My image that has all the windows software, or the newly converted VPC image.

Thanks for you help,
    Chuck

4. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

Yes, you can.

[​IMG]