Annoying semi-spam in my parallels desktop menu

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by schackl, Aug 31, 2016.

1. schackl

schackl Bit poster

Why is there a perpetual new unnecessary entry in my desktop menu called "Upgrade to Paralleles Desktop 12!"?? I know that a new version has arrived but I have no need of the any of the new features so it seems like unnecessary spam to keep suggesting that I upgrade.

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Did you try the "don't show it again" option?

3. schackl

schackl Bit poster

Can you explain where I find that option? We are talking about a menu-item in the parallels menu in the apple menubar.

4. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello schackl,
    " Do no show again option " option is available in bottom left hand corner. Thanks. [​IMG]

5. schackl

schackl Bit poster

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 22.15.47.png Thanks for the info, but this is what I'm talking about:

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 22.15.47.png

6. NathanD1

NathanD1 Bit poster

I feel the same way. When I was considering the purchase, I specifically asked the Sales department if they were planning to bring out a version 12 soon, because I would prefer to wait for the new version if they were. They emphatically told me "no," and that even if they did, I would be covered by the Tech Guarantee.

Then, less than 2 months later, what happens? You guessed it! Parallels comes out with a new version, explicitly contradicting what Sales said about a new version, and not only that, but the Tech Guarantee only covered me if I had purchased in the previous 2 weeks or so, which is a shorter time period than even Apple gives.

I feel like this is a very underhanded business practice, and puts a very bad taste in my mouth regarding the consideration of future Parallels purchases, and just rubs salt in the wound that I can't get rid of this spam when I did everything in my power to make sure I made the best decision possible - unfortunately, you just can't easily protect yourself from insider misinformation...

7. NathanD1

NathanD1 Bit poster

I am now getting even more spam. Not only am I getting all the above, but I get a pop-up in the top right corner every time I use Parallels that asks me to upgrade.

Parallels Team: I asked you to buy 12, I wanted to buy 12, you told me you weren't releasing 12, so I bought 11, and now you won't give me a free upgrade. Please stop rubbing salt in that wound and leave me alone! All you are doing is making me less and less likely to purchase any products by you at all!! Please tell me how to get rid of this spam!?!