Another issue with new version

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dhjdhj, Dec 4, 2006.

1. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I apologize if these have been already posted - I'm currently finding I don't have as much time to go through the forums as I would like, but figured it was better to have a duplicate report than no report.

Being used to the Mac, I've gotten into the habit of pressing Command-Q to close OS X programs. Consequently, more than once, I have pressed Command-Q while a Windows program was running and of course I ended up suspending the entire VM instead of just closing the specific Windows app that I intended to close. I'd therefore like to suggest an option where, when you're in Coherence mode, and you press Command-Q, it should probably get translated automatically into Alt-F4 and sent to the Windows program that has the focus

There should at least be an option to enable this ---- I think a lot of people will get bitten by it.

D

2. Art

Art Junior Member

that's a good idea! i solved the "issue" by setting the preferences to "ask what to do" when i do command-Q, but a conversion to alt-F4 would be good, i think.