Another loss of internet on PC side, but not on Mac...

splasher

Junior Member
Hello!

After reading through all these forums regarding loss of internet connectivity, I am unable to get it back up and working. I have been able to get the LAN connected, send/receive packets, repair/release/renew ip config, etc. But unfortunately I cannot get either Firefox or IE7 to connect...

More info:
Build 3188

ipconfig all:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : thomsena01e
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet Ada
pter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-86-B1-C3-F2-D5
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.211.55.6
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.211.55.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.211.55.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.211.55.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:36:24 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:36:24 PM

Mac is connected via airport
No Keyspan software

Any help would be great!
Thanks
 
Also, using Shared Networking. I have deleted network adaptor in Windows, reinstalled Pls Tools, and reinstalled Parallels.
 
Last login: Fri Aug 15 07:29:45 on ttys000
ttravelit:~ Thomsen$ ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:19:e3:3d:35:3c
media: autoselect status: inactive
supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control> none
fw0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030
lladdr 00:1b:63:ff:fe:6f:39:b6
media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::21b:63ff:fec1:632f%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6
inet 192.168.1.100 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
ether 00:1b:63:c1:63:2f
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
en4: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::201:23ff:fe45:6789%en4 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7
inet 169.254.5.193 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
ether 00:01:23:45:67:89
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
en5: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::210:32ff:fe54:7698%en5 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
inet 10.211.55.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
ether 00:10:32:54:76:98
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
 
Looks like correct at least in Shared Network, tyr to switch to Bridged and make sure IP is correct. and check internet and then back to Shared Networking (making sure DHCP settings are selected in NIC properties)
 
Tired that and no go. DHCP is enabled in the NIC properties... Not sure by what you mean by "make sure IP is correct"? I get an IP address when I look run the IPconfig /all command... what would it say if it was "wrong"?
 
I meant when switching to Bridged Ethernet, make sure that either DHCP is set, or enter IP manually , and check is there Internet accessible in Bridged Ethernet
 
I have tried this multiple times. I have a good ip address, that is not self assigned, but it still doesn't work. Unfortunately it is not looking good and I have to have Windows. I am going to try the upgrade of Parallels to 3.0 and see if that works.
 
Upgraded to the latest build, but still no internet... bridged, shared, it doesn't seem to matter, I cannot get on the internet and desperately need to with Windows... feeling quite frustrated at this point.
 
hm, I need more information, but I cannot ask it here, create ticket in support and tell me ticket id, support will ask additional information from you
 
Back
Top