Anybody else paid for upgrade but didn't receive anything yet from Parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by kuebler, Jun 9, 2007.

1. kuebler

kuebler Member

I'm a satisfied customer of Parallels since the beginning, and when I received the upgrade offer to 3.0 at the end of May, I decided to upgrade.

I purchased the upgrade through the Parallels web site and chose to pay via Paypal. The amount was cashed in by Digital River something.

This was on June 1st. Now we have June 9th, and I have not yet received anything, no activation key, nothing. I've sent a mail to Digital River, as I was advised by the Paypal confirmation mail for the case that I get delivery problems. But I didn't yet get an answer from them as well.

Waiting more than a week for a simple software upgrade activation key is not acceptable. And I assume that my case is de facto dead, so I will never receive anything.

The folks of Parallels seem somewhat overstretched with the whole 3.0 matter. Such things sometimes happen, but they should be corrected.

Has anybody else paid but received nothing yet?

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello kuebler
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused, due to the great interest of our customers in the new release there were some technical trouble with the servers. We are doing our best to solve this situation as soon as possible and you should receive the email shortly.

3. kuebler

kuebler Member

Is a full week not sufficient to fulfil the definition of "shortly"?

I still haven't received anything :(

4. Ankou

Ankou Guest

If you still didn't receive upgrade key please provide me by PM your email and 2.x activation key

5. nosodualie

nosodualie Member

I got an email saying my credit card would be charged shortly. Nice job. My credit card was charged immediately after I ordered last week.

I can see that your company has quite a ways to go in learning how to provide prompt customer support.

a) Immediately acknowledge via email when a customer makes a purchase.

b) Do not make statements (such as "you will recieve your product info with 48 hours") which are not true.

c) If there are inaccuracies in your FAQs (which there are) correct them immediately.

d) Provide a way to email customer service other than with canned responses to canned questions, and make it obvious and easy to find, and if someone calls customer support DO NOT put them on hold for a long period of time them direct them to a canned recording, especially since the customer is PAYING for the call since you don't appear to have a toll-free number.

I must say I'm quite disappointed. You really must be careful about these very important issues or you most certainly will drive customers away.