Anyone know how to use Transporter with a Dynamic Raid disk config?

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by jlinck, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jlinck

jlinck Bit poster

Howdy fellow Parallels users!

Here is a description of the problem I'm having with Parallels Transporter & Agent...

I have Parallels correctly installed on my iMac [build 3188 March 7, 2007] and Transporter and Transporter Agent installed on my XP Pro PC.

Both machines are connected to my LAN by a 10/100 wired Linksys hub and "read" each other.

When I try to transfer FROM the PC I get this error:
    "An error occurred while Parallels Transporter was collecting the information about this computer. Make sure Parallels Transporter Agent runs on this computer and not involved in other migration process."

With Parallels open on my iMac and I try to "Import from another Computer" I get the same error only the only the message is changed to "An error occurred while Parallels Transporter was collecting the information about the source computer".

At the suggestion of Parallels Support I uninstalled & reinstalled Parallels on both machines with the same results.

I then reported to Support that I have a Dynamic disk in raid configuration and got this response: "We are aware of problem with dynamic disks in current version of Parallels Transporter and there is update coming soon that should solve this issue."

Question: Has ANYONE else been bedeviled by this? Has anyone figured out what can be done as a work around?

I've been trying to get this resolved since I bought Parallels in early March!

HELP!!! :eek:

Jefferson

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i'm sure in the manual it says that transporter only works with IDE disks. I get this when trying to transport anything off SATA or SCSI drives

3. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

This section of the forum is for providing solutions.
    The thread's been moved to Parallels Transporter section

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i thought I had ;)