Application Group question

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Roman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Roman

Roman Guest

Hi All,

I have a question about publishing an Application Group. Firstly, 2X Application Server appears to be functioning fine, in fact, it is far more functional than I was expecting.

I've published a number of single applications and quickly realised that the number of icons can grow quickly. Is the Application Group suppose to create a sub-directory in the ApplicationServer Client window? I grouped all my Office apps into an Office Application Group however I found that all the icons still appear as they did before on the client. If this is how it is suppose to work, why can you select an icon for the Group if it is not seen? Is there another way to create sub-folders in the client window?

Thanks..

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Currently Application grouping is used to help the administrators to organise the published applications and to set application filtering on the whole group.

Application grouping information is also used when publishing applications to web.

Currently clients do not support sub-folders but this feature should be available in subsequent client versions.

regards,

Nixu