application server client 'appserverclient' sometimes fails

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by leeportnoff, Jan 11, 2007.

1. leeportnoff

leeportnoff Guest

I can connect to my published application with my client (ubuntu 6.06 dapper) And it works great... for a while.
    After I have a problem with a session, I can not get back in. Try to connect again through the console and no window opens up to my application.
    The Application server log shows:

Thu Jan 11 14:40:53 2007 - Starting 2X Publishing Agent Service...
    Thu Jan 11 14:40:53 2007 - Agent 127.0.0.1 verified successfully
    Thu Jan 11 14:40:53 2007 - 0 admin 0.0.0.0 Console Active Desktop

Thu Jan 11 14:41:09 2007 - User ubuntu, Client ubuntu2, Address 192.168.1.2 wants to open "iexplore.exe" Application, Server localhost:3389 is available
    Thu Jan 11 14:41:09 2007 - User ubuntu, Client ubuntu2, Address 192.168.1.2 tunneled to localhost:3389 and started Application "iexplore.exe"

So, it appears that everything is working, however, I cant log on to the published application.

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

What do you mean by "After I have a problem with a session", what type of problem?? Do you disconnect from the session? do you Reset the session?

What OS are you ruining the sever on??

Can you pls give more details on your set up.

Nixu

3. leeportnoff

leeportnoff Guest

Yes, I am running 2x app server on Windows Server 2003.
    I have a user named 'client' with a password 'pwd'
    The clients connect from Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper.

I start sessions with:
    /opt/2X/applicationserverclient/bin/appserverclient -s192.168.1.4 -a"iexplore.exe" -uclient -ppwd

At first the published app work for all my Ubuntu users. After the first day one user could not connect.
    I made several connections to the published app from my user account on Ubuntu. I don't remember in particular, but the published application didn't connect fully (black screen; force quit; or something). After that, I could not access the published app as that user. Other users still connect.

4. nixu

nixu Guest

hmm...

Make sure that, that user does not have any disconnected sessions where that application is still running.

If you find such a session reset it.

Nixu

5. leeportnoff

leeportnoff Guest

yes, I have checked for disconnected sessions on the terminal server. Does the app server hold session information?

Further information: I can get a session if I logon to 'client' through ubuntu's 'terminal services client' I can also get a published app if I create a new user 'client2' and log on to that. But the 'client,' logon will not work anymore with any published apps.

6. nixu

nixu Guest

Is this client getting any errors when he tries to connect??

Nixu