"Applications (Parallels)" folder

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PleasespecifyYourNickName, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Parallels Desktop 9 doesn't have this annoyance.

2. ReinhardL

ReinhardL Bit poster

Hmm, on my iMac I have installed Parallels Desktop 9 and I still do have two Applications folders from Parallels within my user folder, which I find really annoying :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You may delete the older folder. This is not exactly the issue on this thread, which was the creation of the said folder even thou there was no application sharing turned on.

4. ReinhardL

ReinhardL Bit poster

Thank you for getting in touch and I apologize if this is a different issue. I though it was about cluttering the user folder with an "Applications (Parallels)" folder.

So I'd like to follow you suggestion and delete one of them. However, these two folders seem to have the exact same dates on them - see attached screenshot. Both do contain a sub folder named "Windows XP Professional Applications", but only one of them has content in it. So I guess it's safe to delete the empty one, labelled just "Applications" ...?

And ... where do I turn off "application sharing"?

Attached Files:

5. Bermudapilot

Bermudapilot Bit poster

It still does for me (creates an unwanted Parallels folder in "documents"). I just upgraded to 9 and though I was able to get rid of it before in a previous version it's come back for me AND I can't get rid of it.
    Any suggestions.

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

This is a completely different thing, the thread is about a folder named: Users/username/Applications (Parallels)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  7. Bermudapilot

Bermudapilot Bit poster

Yes true, but I was hoping someone of your experience might know, or at least point me in the right direction.:)

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Generally it's better to start a different thread.
    Btw, you are also aware that that Parallels folder in Documents is the default place where Parallels store the VMs (which you can change in the Preferences)?