ApplicationServer Licensing changes 5 - 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Lee, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Guest

With the imminent release of ApplicationServer Version 6

http://www.2x.com/ordering/pricing.htm

Note that version 5 keys will not work with version 6, so before you upgrade, ensure you either have upgrade insurance or purchased less than 60 days

In these cases you key will automatically be updated to support version 6 and will simply require a new activation once upgraded.

Otherwise please contact your reseller or sales@2x.com to find out about upgrade options

Otherwise upgrading your software will work in reduced mode until you purchase a new version 6 key.

2. roddines

roddines Guest

I have been using 2x ApplicationServer on some small business servers with the FREE 5 connection/1 terminal server licence to share just a few apps for a few users. However after upgrading the server install of Application server to V6 it fails to work atl all and you get some strange message on the client side about no path to a terminal server.

I spent ages trying to find out what got screwed up during the upgrade but it appears now to be some licencing issue rather than settings as i ended up reverting to V5 and it works again.

When opening and closing V6 console application I get the message:

"2x Expired Licensed demo version you can only start 5 connections on 0 Terminal Server(s)."

Note this normally would say on 1 teminal server(s) but is saying zero (0)instead once V6 is installed. Reverting back to V5 it again says "...on 1 terminal server."

The problem is also evident in comparing the Information Status screen of the two versions in the Console app.

Please also note the exact text of this message (popup dialog) is different between V5 and V6.

Is there a way to install the V6 ApplicationServer and still use the free version???

3. roddines

roddines Guest

There is a PRODUCT KEY for activation of the FREE version...

I finally found a PRODUCT KEY for activation of the FREE version it is hidden (you have to scroll down to read it) at the bottom of the notice area when the download popup comes up. Please copy and use that to re-activate the FREE edition once you have installed V6.

4. scottaobe

scottaobe Guest

Re There is a PRODUCT KEY for activation of the FREE version

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem. But I don't understand where the referenced "notice area when the download popup comes up" is located. Is this on the console, a web page or ?

5. nixu

nixu Guest

6. jleonard

jleonard Guest

I am planning to upgrade from version 5.0 (build 261) on a four server farm this weekend. I have upgrade insurance, and I want this to go smoothly. Can I aquire a key prior to installation so I won't have to worry about waiting and running in demo mode on one server until I receive a key?

7. kingmaker

kingmaker Guest

thanks for the idea... well appreciated with the link...