Apps think that shared folders are "full"

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rnb2, Jun 3, 2006.

1. rnb2

rnb2 Bit poster

So far, I'm absolutely blown away by how well Parallels works on my new MacBook - it honestly feels almost magical to be running XP in a window at VERY usable speeds.

The only major issue I've run into (aside from not being able to print, not being able to use my Wacom tablet as anything more than an emulated mouse - things that I honestly don't consider to be showstoppers) is that applications seem to be happy to access files from my shared folders, but they always see the shares as being "full". I just encountered this in Photoshop CS2, where it opened a file from a share, but wouldn't save it because the target drive was "full".

I have also encountered this with Downloader Pro, an application for downloading and renaming digital photos - when I select shots to download, it tells me that the target drive is full, but happily copies all the shots to it anyway.

Is this related to the MS Office saving issue, or is it something different?

In any case, congratulations on a fantastic product, and I look forward to seeing what else you can make it do - it's already surpassed my wildest dreams.

Rick

2. snit

snit Member

Also, it is still upsetting that shared folders are hack-ish enough that you can't use them when VPN'd in with common VPN clients (e.g., Nortel). Any chance of this getting fixed in the future?