Appserverclient seems to fail to run?

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by confuzzled, Apr 18, 2007.

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I have a windows xp pro vm running in vmware which I have installed 2x windows application server on. I have published the program sol.exe (I just wanted to see how to set it up). I've installed 2x applicationserverclient on the host operating system which is fedora core 6.

When I try to run the application server client from a terminal I just get the prompt back. No error message, nothing.

the command that I am typing in is:

./appserverclient -s 172.16.227.128 -u remoteUser -p password -a sol

172.16.227.128 is the ip address of a host only ethernet adaptor on the xp vm

Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Try adding the option
    Code:
    -o 3
    to your commandline. That will give you more info. Remember that the ApplicationServer is not designed for us on XP machines, but Windows Server with Terminal Services.

3. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

4. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Looks like its a port issue. Get your networking sorted first.

5. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "get your networking sorted out first". The instruction that I was following were to setup a windows xp pro vm and run it on a linux machine and then to run 2x application server in the windows vm and the client on the host linux. I have successfully remote desktopped in to the windows vm on the same ip with rdesktop. Could you be more specific as to where you think that my error lies?

thanks

6. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Can you access 172.16.227.128 on port 80 from your linux machine ?

That is the default port of the ApplicationServer gateway.

7. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I'm sorry, I'm fairly new to linux. How would I check to see if I could access it ? thanks

8. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Code:
    telnet 172.16.227.128 80

9. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I have tried to telnet ot port 80 and got no response. Presumably this means that it's not set to receive incoming connections? Would you know how to open it?

10. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Do you have a firewall on your VM ?
    Can you ping the machine ?

11. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

Ah yes fire wall was turned on. Now

./appserverclient -s 172.16.227.128 -u remoteUser -p password -a sol -o 3

gives

There is no proper reply from the server

12. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I just did a port scan from nmap and it says

port state service
    80/tcp open http

13. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

That is probablly something to do with you installing it on an XP machine. 2X do not support XP but Windows Server.

YMMV

14. confuzzled

confuzzled Guest

I went into the settings of 2x application server on the windows vm and changed the port from the default of 80 to 82 and now nmap says:

port state Service

82/tcp open xfer

is this what I should be seeing?

15. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

If you changed the gateway port to 82 then the command line should then look something like this:

./appserverclient -s 172.16.227.128:82 -u remoteUser -p password -a sol -o 3

Your problem has nothing to do with the port. I can't help you more