ArcaOS

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by MrDon, Aug 22, 2017.

1. MrDon

MrDon Bit poster

I have just installed ArcaOS in Parallels 13. The best OS/2 instal by far, everything just went right in. Now if we just had some better tools - especially file sharing.
    I have a lot more playing to do.

2. Argelian

Argelian Member

Did you get the mouse tools to work? It installs fine but the mouse cursor just goes away and doesn't appear anymore.

3. MrDon

MrDon Bit poster

The only mouse issues I have had with any of my OS/2 based VM's is on install, the mouse tracking speed is always set at maximum, which is an annoyance. Of course CNTRL-ALT removes it's action when you move back to the mac desktop. I am using the Apple mouse. My first install in P12 was done in "dumb" mode. I let the vm do all of the settings with default configuration. Of course this is not the OS/2 way. After the P13 update, nothing changed so I reinstalled using the long method, i.e. I configured the VM before install so USB was there, then configured ArcaOS the long way, looking at all of the options. I had to select USB support, Seamonkey and a few others. I wanted Seamonkey because Firefox was not playing nice first time around. Installing the default configuration is certainly the best install of any OS/2 version ever, but definitely not a complete route.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  4. MrDon

MrDon Bit poster

If you were to do a fresh install, the long way, make sure you have the correct mouse driver. I have not had any issues with the default AMOUSE driver in any of my Parallels OS/2 VM's.