ArcGIS Pro Does not Find Dedicated GPU

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, May 29, 2019.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. DashtonP

DashtonP Member

Hi there! This isn't a direct answer to your main question about utilizing the dGPU, but how much RAM are you assigning to the VM? I'm pretty sure the 560 Pro has more than 2GB vRAM, so I would set the Video Memory option to 'automatic' which will give the VM access to your vRAM (half that of your RAM allocated). For example if you are assigning 8gb RAM, you would get 4gb vRAM.

As an aside from that, I am not entirely sure that the VM will be able to detect your dGPU as a discreet unit, the way that Parallels operates within the macOS environment means that your dGPU is accelerating the parallels application itself, which inside of that Windows is running. So you are essentially utilizing your dGPU already, just somewhat outside of the Windows environment (if that makes any sense to you, I realize it is a confusing subject). I am not entirely sure on this matter myself so I could be feeding you misinformation (take what I'm saying with a grain of salt). This is just what I have gleaned from Parallels support posts on similar subjects in the past. Hopefully one of the Parallels technical support can provide you with a more definitive answer on this subject as I am quite curious as well.

3. RizwanA1

RizwanA1 Bit poster

I am not entirely sure that the VM will be able to detect your dGPU as a discreet unit, the way that Parallels operates within the macOS environment means that your GPU is accelerating the parallels application itself, which inside of that Windows is running.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2020