Are 10.6.6 and Parallels 5 (5.0.9376, the last build) Compatible

gkolar

Bit poster
Are 10.6.7 and Parallels 5 (5.0.9376, the last build) Compatible

I needs some feedback from those of you who have upgraded beyond 10.6.4. 10.6.4 and Parallels 5 are working fine for me and I'm nervous about upgrading the 10.6.7. Wife uses only Windows XP and she would die if the upgrade short-circuited XP. Anyone upgraded?
 
Last edited:
I had one serious issue with 10.6.6. Under heavy Parallels load (two or three VM's), OS X would occasionally kill my login session and take me back to the logon screen. That hadn't happened under 10.6.5, and it went away with 10.6.7, which I've continued to run without major issues. The only problem I have at the moment is that Parallels has started using about 15% of my CPU when no VM's are running. That's a problem when I'm on battery power, so I've taken to shutting it down entirely when I'm not using it.

-Gary
 
Back
Top