Articy requiring Windows processor architecture x86/x64?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BryanE1, Apr 20, 2022.

1. BryanE1

BryanE1 Bit poster

I have installed Windows 11 ARM64 Build 22598. I'm on a Macbook Air (M1, 2020) using Monterey (12.2.1) and the latest version of Parallels Desktop.

The program I am trying to install is Articy 3 (l3.1.36.40212), but I get the following error when I try to run the installer executable: "This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor architectures: x86 x64". I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. When I check the System Info in Windows 11, under System Type it reads "64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor".

I would appreciate if anybody could explain why this is happening or ways to solve the issue. Much appreciated, cheers!

2. BryanE1

BryanE1 Bit poster

Thank you for explaining that. You were right, as I found a version on Steam that worked because it bypasses the architecture check.

I contacted the developers after reading your message. They compiled a new package that is working now. They also mentioned that some other users have put in tickets regarding similar configurations, so here's the working installer incase anyone else is having issues: https://www.articy.com/download/ad3/Setup_ArticyDraft_Release_3.1.36.40265.exe

MichaelH63 likes this.