Audio drivers error - Adobe CS3 apps won't run

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by sculptor1, Jul 18, 2007.

1. sculptor1

sculptor1 Bit poster

I'm having problems with audio apps installed on windows XP pro (SP2).
    I'm running Parallels 2 (build 3186) on an Intel Core 2 duo 2.33ghz Imac G5. OS 10.4.10.

Adobe audio and video apps won't run.
    Is this something to do with mac 'core audio' not being recognised as a valid sound device for windows installation of Adobe software? - Is it expecting to find windows soundcards, not mac?
    If so, what's the solution? What drivers would need to be installed on windows xp?

Audio on youtube videos sound fine - no problem.
    Audio on wmp files is also fine.
    Sony Soundforge 9 installs and works fine.

I've installed Adobe Creative suite CS3.
    To install I had to create a new virtual drive with a basic (fixed) size of 20gb because the adobe installer refused to run on an expanding drive.

All the adobe apps (dreamweaver, illustrator, photoshop etc) run well except for those using audio or video.

Soundbooth, Premier and Encore all fail to start and throw the following error messsages before closing.
    "Adobe Encore cannot run because a sound card cannot be found"
    "adobe Premiere could not load any audio drivers. Please rinstall Premiere and start again"
    ditto for Soundbooth.

Adobe After effects starts but displays the warning "After Effects failed to initialise M ediacore"

Also:
    Quicktime files and Itunes playback is stuttery so unlistenable.
    This may have something to do with quicktime as I've experienced similar on a windows PC a year or so ago.
    Trailers on the apple.com/trailers site give choppy/stuttery unlistenable playback.
    I uninstalled itunes and quicktime, rebooted xp. Reinstalled quicktime but on different drive. Unfortunately the audio is still choppy but not as bad as before.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. sculptor1

sculptor1 Bit poster

Audio drivers problem in parallels - adobe CS3

An update on this.

I gave up trying to get audio apps to work in parallels.
    I went back to using a proper windows PC.

It also seems that disc burning doesn't work either in parallels.

Is it likely that audio and burning will work in future releases?