Audio popping and stuttering with new Windows 11 ARM insider preview update

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JeffreyW1, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Alan22

Alan22 Bit poster

Best Answer
    The stuttering audio glitches is still a problem in PD 18 / Foobar / Windows 11 ARM.
    I have tried disabling Adaptive Hypervisor, changing various CPU and Memory counts, and Windows sampling rates to no avail.
    Was only able to fix the problem by installing WASAPI.fb2k-component in Foobar.

Hope this helps.

2. kscksc

kscksc

In addition to the other advice ITT, make sure you're not as foolish as me & check you haven't left Travel Mode on.

3. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Thanks, but no, this has not been the case at any point.

4. AdrianB11

AdrianB11 Bit poster

I am also running into this, have tried multiple things listed here and still after some time audio starts to fail and glitching. This isn't good enough, I have seen posts relating to this issue from 2021 when the initial M1 was released, yet Parallels have released multiple releases from that point and a simple function like audio from MacOS to the VM doesn't work reliably. I guess nobody at Parallels is testing and just releasing. Also, where's the bug reporting procedure? Because right now all I can see is a ton of forum posts which won't get looked at. Think I may have to move to trying VMWare

5. kunze50

kunze50 Bit poster

Same issue here. stuttering glitchy audio alerts. Very annoying.

6. LewisE3

LewisE3 Bit poster

Based on an earlier post I turned off Adaptive Hypervisor under CPU & Memory/Advanced and the sound issue seems to be gone for now. My other CPU & Memory settings are still set for automatic. It will take a week or so of no trouble before I trust that the issue is resolved. Just passing on my experience.