AutoCAD Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GarrettB5, Feb 8, 2024.

1. GarrettB5

GarrettB5 Junior Member

For the last few months, there have been certain actions in AutoCAD (and any of its vertical, including Civil 3D) that cause it to crash, all relating to commands that invoke their own GUIs. Specifically, clicking the text mask button in properties or the text contents button in properties. Each of those buttons has alternate means to access the command, and the alternates work.

However, I discovered today that many of the Sheet Set commands will crash AutoCAD, and they have no known 1st party workaround. Specifically right now, creating a subset in a sheet set will crash AutoCAD or Civil 3D 2024.1 - 2024.3 (latest version). Autodesk support has tested these issues in their environment and not only do they work, when they run their diagnostic tool, it also crashes. I believe this is a Windows or Parallels update issue, as this was not happening at least as far back of May 2023.

I've installed everything from scratch and turned on/off hardware acceleration. Anyone have any idea what might've changed?

2. GarrettB5

GarrettB5 Junior Member

For the record, I've installed C3D on an older installation of Win11 (same Parallels setup, but an experimental version) and it works fine.