AutoCAD MEP 2020 Extremely Slow with Parallels 15 Business & macOS Catalina

Skibinski

Bit poster
I just received a brand new 2019 MacPro 7.1 running Catalina 10.15.4 and Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Business Edition Version 15.1.2 (47123). I haven't got all my AutoDesk application loaded yet, but I do have AutoCAD MEP 2020 running and it is excruciatingly slow. When I open the layers window, they layers populate 1 at a time, and functionality is frozen until all layer populate. This is crazy. I never had issues on my old MacPro or MacBook Pro when running AutoCAD and older versions of Parallels and they were nowhere were near as powerful as this new MacPro. I've tried adjusting number of processors and memory assign to windows, but made no improvement. Right now I've got 12 of 24 processors assigned (MacPro has 12-core Intel Xeon W that I believe are dual core so it shows up as 24 available processors). I have 32GB of 96GB memory assigned to windows and 2GB memory for graphics. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Hello guys,
We're happy to inform you that Parallels Desktop 16 is finally here.
Please install, test and check the issue.

Share with us your results please and check this thread for more information.
 
Back
Top