Backing up Mac and Vista

CashCache

Bit poster
Hello.

Is there an easy way to backup the data on my Vista partition? I use an Online Backup service to backup everything on my Mac - including my Parallels VMs, but all I really need from my Vista VM is my ever changing source code. As it stands now, if I have a drive failure, I will need to restore a 30 gig file (my vista drive) just to get to a few megs of source code files.

How do others accomplish this?

Thanks...
 
I use a program called Carbon Copy Cloner, it's really cheap and works very well, but you need an external HD.

CCC can be scheduled to make a mirror image of your Mac's internal drive (bootable), which will also backup your Vista. Additionally you can schedule file backups (non bootable) for smaller sections of your hard drive like Documents, Pictures etc.

I prefer a full image backup once a week and a daily backup for Documents and Pictures.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top