Battery/Performance Optimization Guide?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DennyA, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DennyA

DennyA Bit poster

Anyone know of a good optimization guide to get the best (1) battery life and (2) performance out of Parallels 7?

I'm getting my first MacBook in a couple of years, and back in 09 when I used Parallels 4 or 5, running it just ate up a notebook's battery life.

Curious as to the best settings to get decent performance running Windows 7 under Lion on a 2011 MacBook Air 13 with 4GB. Searching for optimization didn't turn up anything very recent, so curious as to whether there's a guide/wiki/etc. with tips on the best things to enable/turn off to make Parallels run as smoothly as possible while maintaining decent battery life.

2. Well, its pretty much about reducing resources. You cn turn off 3D which kills Aero effects on Windows, reduce brightness, change other settings to maxmize battery life. Running a Virtual OS is probably not the best design for saving battery life. I can run Windows in Boot camp and probably double my battery life compared to running Windows in any Virtual software. Your just using a lot of resources.

3. JessicaW

JessicaW Banned

Yes, I agree that running a lot of resources will maximize your battery life. And since you cannot do about it, adjust the setting of your computer like the brightness and even the sounds to somehow lessen the use of the battery. I think that's one of the effective way of saving your battery life [​IMG]