Battery problem from extended Parallels use?!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ari, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ari

ari Member

I have been using Parallels a great for 2 months. 6 days/week for 10-12 hrs/day. Now, I am finding the following battery problems while I am NOT running Parallels

- my battery life has now about 15 minutes. I expected this with running Parallels but this true even if I am not running Parallels.

- my computer (when not running Parallels) will go to sleep right in the middle while I am working even though the battery says it is not drained.

- my computer (while not running Parallels) will turn off without any warning.

Any thoughts? I can replace the battery but this will happen again.

thanks!
    ari

2. strells

strells Product Expert

I seriously doubt that running Parallels has anything to do with your battery problems. If you have a battery that only holds 15 minutes of charge, you need to replace it. Go to an Apple store and test with another battery. If you are still under warranty, you can get this taken care of.

steve

3. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

Been using parallels since day 1 of the first beta... Anywhere from 1 to 10 hours a day, for light personal use and heavy development work. I have a regular Core Duo MBP that have much worse battery life then the newer C2D's, and I can still get 2.5-3 hours of battery life without parallels, and about 2 hours with XP running...

Get Apple to replace your battery.

4. VTMac

VTMac Pro

This is a known problem with some Apple batteries. There is a recall. Take it to Apple store and they will give you a new battery.