Best UPGRADE PATH to Win10 64-bit? 'Have Win7 32-bit running and a Win8.1 64-bit CD.

JohnMe

Bit poster
Hi Alll,
Under Parallels 11, I run *Win7 32-bit*... and it works great. I want to upgrade -- with the least amount of drama/friction/hassle -- to *Win10 64-bit*.

If you have made this exact transition... or... if you are confident to suggest a low risk/low approach, I'd love to hear from you.

PS: if this topic is covered elsewhere on the ||Parallels FORUM, my apologies. Please share the item number or link.

Thank you. JM in Denver
 
And FURTHER research turned up this Parallels KB article:

https://forum.parallels.com/threads/how-update-windows-7-32-bit-to-windows-10-64-bit.329135/

(So... tomorrow, I'm going to try the steps outlined here... unless I hear negative feedback from those reading this thread.)
Thanks. JM
In Windows, there is 32 bit and 64 bit two types, converting from Windows 32 to 64 bit unfortunately not possible(check this).
But with the same Windows license key, you can create fresh Windows virtual machine 64 bit, please try this steps to download then to install.
 
Hi JohnMe,

The steps you are trying to follow is just going to delete everything from your virtual hard disk and then you will be installing Windows 10 instead you can download Windows 10 64 bit ISO and create new VM using it then activate Windows 10 using Windows 7 key. You refer this Microsoft page which will let you know to that you can use Windows 7/8 keys to activate Windows 10.

Thanks,
Ajith M.
 
Back
Top