Jay Levitt
Member
The Penryn 8-way (dual quad-core Xeon) Mac Pros have been released, and I've been promising myself one ever since the rumors started. That means I'll be switching from a dual-core Windows XP desktop to a Mac Pro with Parallels to run my Windows XP apps.
I know that Parallels (unlike VM Fusion) can't create a dual-core virtual machine yet. If I set up multiple VMs, though, can they each run on different cores? Is that the best/only way to take advantage of the multiple cores?
I intend to configure a boatload of RAM on this box, so that shouldn't be an issue.
I know that Parallels (unlike VM Fusion) can't create a dual-core virtual machine yet. If I set up multiple VMs, though, can they each run on different cores? Is that the best/only way to take advantage of the multiple cores?
I intend to configure a boatload of RAM on this box, so that shouldn't be an issue.