I've read through the manual and paged through the forums, but I can't find a definitive answer:
What is the *best* way to install XP for use under BOTH Parallels AND Bootcamp?
Sometimes I will need to use one, sometimes I will need to use the other. I want maximum performance under both. What should I do?
My current theory:
1. Follow Bootcamp Installation instructions at Apple,
2. Install Parallels and follow the manual's instructions for creating a virtual machine from the Bootcamp partition.
But I can't find anything in the manual that says that's the BEST way to do it. Here's the real issue: Will Parallels be SLOWER if it is looking at a Bootcamp install instead of doing things its own way?
Is there any procedure or configuration tips I should follow to ensure that I get the most out of my machine in both environments, or do I have to pick a preference for one or the other? Would I see the BEST speed if I installed XP twice, once for Parallels and once for Bootcamp?
What is the *best* way to install XP for use under BOTH Parallels AND Bootcamp?
Sometimes I will need to use one, sometimes I will need to use the other. I want maximum performance under both. What should I do?
My current theory:
1. Follow Bootcamp Installation instructions at Apple,
2. Install Parallels and follow the manual's instructions for creating a virtual machine from the Bootcamp partition.
But I can't find anything in the manual that says that's the BEST way to do it. Here's the real issue: Will Parallels be SLOWER if it is looking at a Bootcamp install instead of doing things its own way?
Is there any procedure or configuration tips I should follow to ensure that I get the most out of my machine in both environments, or do I have to pick a preference for one or the other? Would I see the BEST speed if I installed XP twice, once for Parallels and once for Bootcamp?