Big Sur Beta 6/7/8 - Network Initalization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrianV5, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Hi, did you check the issue with a Bridged mode?

2. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

Hello Support. I just upgraded to Big Sur 11.0.1, and am running Parallels 16.1.1. I'm having the same network problems as everyone else. I have a bridged/bonded network connection on my Mac (802.3ad/LACP), named "bond0" by macOS. It was working fine in Catalina. In Big Sur, "bond0" is MISSING from the Bridged Network drop-down list. Being a bond, individual network adapters will not work. I've tried both terminal commands being circulated in these forums, but nothing is working. I have many NAS shares, so cannot be using bridged mode. Any insight from the development team? Thanks.

3. Macintosh Rescue

Macintosh Rescue Member

I've just noticed this issue running Parallels Desktop Pro on my M1 Mac mini with Big Sur 11.6 . I have a triple aggregated link (bond0) and am considering taking one of the Ethernet interfaces out of the aggregated group to use for virtual servers. This would not be ideal as I would have no backup link on the virtual machines.

Are there any updates on this issue?

JohnD44 likes this.