BitLocker Disk Encryption for Windows 11 ARM in Parallels Desktop 17 (M1)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rekeno, Apr 12, 2022.

1. rekeno

rekeno Bit poster

Hi,

Just got my Mac Studio (M1 Max), and installed Parallels Desktop 17. Created a new Windows 11 ARM VM, and tried to enable BitLocker inside the Windows for C: Drive. The encryption never got started, please see attached screenshot. Tried to restart the computer didn't help.

Does PD 17 for Mac M1 support Bitlocker at all?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @rekeno, Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable the BitLocker.
    1. Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
    2. In the Run dialog box, type tpm. MSC and hit Enter to open TPM Management snap-in.
    3. In the right pane, under Actions, click on Clear TPM.
    4. Exit TPM Management snap-in.
    5. Restart PC.

3. DojoGuy

DojoGuy Bit poster

Clearing the TPM didn't work for me. Are there other options available to fix this issue?

4. DojoGuy

DojoGuy Bit poster

Disregard my previous question. I had to eject the attached DVD drive and encryption started working.

5. Ami1

Ami1 Bit poster

I have a related but slightly different problem:
    I have a bitlocker encrypted volume VHDX that i keep on my home folder in macos (on macbook air m1).
    Said folder appears in my Parallels Windows 11 (arm64) but will always give an error on trying to unlock it.
    But if I copy it to the C drive in parallels 18 - windows 11 OR if i copy it to external USB drive then it will unlock properly.

FYI, the macos home folder is shared / appears in Win11 by network share (configured by parallels)
    So, essentially bitlocker is not unlocking when the encrypted VHDX is on a network share.

Any insights to solve this would be appreciated.