black screen of death....(mistery)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by JWM, Jan 18, 2007.

1. JWM

JWM Junior Member

3120 and 3094 give major problems to my XP vm's old or new. windows starts to boot, but after the (in)famous windows melody my window turns solid black. HDd and network seems to do things looking at the tiny green bulbs in the parallels window. I have tried it all. reinstall again and again... the working xp VM I had when starting this exercise does work again flawlessly when I return to build 19?? build. but in the new beta releases it does not. but also when I create new xp vm in new release it does not work and it does the same at the same moment in the boot process. what is happening here? the screen is not blue but solid black but it reminds me painfully of the BSOD i used to have with older windows versions...

any body suggestions?

regards

Jan Willem

2. JWM

JWM Junior Member

solved. hit f8 while vm boots xp. use safe mode, remove paralels via start config , add/remove software, reboot. presto. search for more on forem.

jwm

3. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

Wow, wish you had posted detail (that wasn't abbreviated so much) to read on what you did to fix your problem. So what terms should I use to search for more on the "forem?" :)

I'm just thinking maybe this is linked to the problems and solution I've found as well with the mouse pointer freezing. What do you mean when you "removed parallels via start config?"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007