Black screen saying Suspended

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AltheaD, Jun 14, 2021.

1. AltheaD

AltheaD Bit poster

I downloaded parallels desktop on my macbook pro and successfully installed Windows 10. After taking a sleep break, I found a screen that said "suspended". How do I get up and running with parallels and windows again?

2. JanetD

JanetD Bit poster

Same issue did you get your issue fixed?

3. AltheaD

AltheaD Bit poster

I. thought I had downloaded Windows but it was an unworking version. So I'll wait until I can get Windows.

4. Hello, did you get any specific error message?

5. Hello, did you try to reset your VM?

6. RyanJ7

RyanJ7 Bit poster

i'm experiencing the same thing, i'm attaching some screenshots below, it says suspended and when you press the play button it opens for use but it wont do anything. there is a black screen and no input of any kind has any effect. if you click on the black and engage interaction with that window, any time you move the mouse or click it beeps at you, but no other result. cant open task manager, cpu usage is low, hard drive button on the top menu has a little blue dot that flashes periodically. no available tools on the menu or keyboard shortcuts do anything.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.23.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.23.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.23.34 AM.png

Attached Files:

7. RyanJ7

RyanJ7 Bit poster

i looked at the suggested fix and it did help, but why did it happen in the first place?

8. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please make sure to shut down Windows virtual machine after you have done working with Windows, and please refer to https://kb.parallels.com/124238 and turn off Windows 10 fast startup feature. Thanks!

9. Muriel

Muriel Bit poster

Hello i install parallel in Macbook M1 it turn out like this. How can i fix this?

10. Muriel

Muriel Bit poster

Parallels Arm virtual Machine