Blank screen on PC

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by TucsonTom, Aug 29, 2013.

1. TucsonTom

TucsonTom Member

Is there a way to blank the screen on the Windows PC that I'm controlling with Access?

2. KurtSchmucker

KurtSchmucker Bit poster

Yes, there is a way to blank the screen of a Windows PC that you are controlling with Parallels Access. In the System Try in the bottom right of your screen, click on the Parallels Access icon. Choose "Preferences..." to open the Parallels Access window. Click on the "Advanced" gear in the toolbar at the top of that window. Enable the setting "Lock this computer when working remotely." When you connect to this machine with Parallels Access, the screen will be blacked out.

3. djh415

djh415 Bit poster

Well not exactly, you get a screen pop up that shows the parallels logo. One thing that i noticed, that if I click a button on the PC mouse, the logo screen closes and the PC goes into locked. I thought that if I had the settings in the app set to lock pc that it would truly be locked so keyboard and mouse would be inoperable. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

4. heffnerc

heffnerc Bit poster

If you are facing the problem there is simple procedure to get your computer screen back by following the certain steps:
    1. Press ctrl+alt+delete, a new window will appears in the console (screen) there are few of the option on the screen.
    2. Click in the last on called start task manager.
    3. Again a new window will appears, in that click on the file and then on the new task.
    4. There you can type the command explore.exe
    soon after typing the command you can get your screen back along with all icons.
    Hope so it will helps you
    Thank You.

5. JimFelon

JimFelon Bit poster

This helped me out too!