Blue Screen of Death after latest Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KatrinaW, Mar 20, 2018.

1. KatrinaW

KatrinaW Bit poster

Hi,

My VM (Parallels 13 Desktop for Mac Home) is stuck on the Blue Screen of Death since the latest Windows 10 update. I have tried reconfiguring CPU/Memory and Graphics (as discussed is some previous troubleshooting threads) and have also attempted a system restore prior to the windows update (on the 3/11/2018) to no avail. I'm not sure how to proceed and am hoping Parallels can provide some support here. I'm also worried that software that I have previously installed on the VM will be erased if I create a new VM and re-install Windows.

Cheers,
    Katrina

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KatrinaW , do you have any snapshots taken before the issue happened? If yes, please try to revert to the previous snapshots by clicking Action > Manage Snapshots and check if that helps.

3. JendrikG

JendrikG Bit poster

I also have that problem on two different workstations running Windows 10. Bluescreen

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JendrikG, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu, click on Actions-->Take snapshot, again click on Actions--> Reset and check if it helps.

5. JendrikG

JendrikG Bit poster

Hello,
    unfortunately this did not Work. Bluescreen Code : 0xc000021a
    Same on 2 different MacBooks, Bluescreens on both.
    When I boot up with deactivated Driver-signature they both boot up correctly.
    When I deinstall the Parallels-Tools Windows 10 boot up orrectly. It has something to do with some parallels drivers maybe.
    Both machines are my work-machines and must be running again by Sunday. I am a bit
    desperately.
    Parallels Desktop 13 Version 13.3.0 (43321)

6. JendrikG

JendrikG Bit poster

is there no solution for that ? It has to do something with the parallels-tools. Please help me !

7. PierreC4

PierreC4 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem. When windows 10 open, there is a blue screen and 0xc000021a code appeared.
    It's also my work computer and I absolutely need it to work! Did you manage to resolve the problem?

(I'm sorry my english it's so bad , I'm french and totally desperate)

8. JendrikG

JendrikG Bit poster

Hello Parallels, please help us to solve this problem. It is still existing !

9. JohnC53

JohnC53 Bit poster

I had same problem after latest Parallels update. Tools installed automatically on Parallels. Then the bluescreen in my Windows VM happened. It froze and would not restart. I installed Tools on the Mac. Windows VM blue screen completed and Windows restarted on its own. I did suspend the VM before installing Mac Tools but not sure that had any effect. Then I installed Tools on Windows VM. Seems like the sequence of installs mattered on Mac and ability for Windows VM to read drivers installed.

10. PattyB

PattyB Bit poster

is there no help on this forum???