Blue screen of death!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by frankthetank, Jun 26, 2007.

1. frankthetank

frankthetank Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 3.0 on my MacBook. I have XP and Vista installed, and both were working fine untill about 10 minutes ago. I installed Parallels Tools in Vista, and when I was asked to restart, I got the blue screen of death ("A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"). It boots up in Safe Mode, however I cannot uninstall Parallels Tools because the installation was never completed successfully. One time, when it was booting up it didn't give me the blue screen, however it just went black and the cursor appeared in the centre of the screen. Any ideas? :confused:

Thankyou,

Nick.

2. GaryTsang

GaryTsang Bit poster

Blue screen of death

I am having similar problem with Parallels 3.0 and Win XP pro. They worked fine until I installed upgraded to Parallels 3.0 and installed tools.

When I start up win XP now, I get a screen asking me to choose safe mode, safe mode with network etc and no matter which one I choose, I still get the blue screen.