Bonjour Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by JimKilby, Nov 17, 2006.

1. JimKilby

JimKilby Bit poster

I am running both BootCamp and Parallels. My Lexmark Z735 works fine on the BootCamp side but will not work on the iMac/Parallels side. The Lexmark does not come with a Mac driver but I think it should work on the Windows VM. I have selected Shared Printers and installed Bonjour in hopes this would solve my problem. When I run Bonjour, it reports "No Bonjour Printers Available."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am having to re-boot to BootCamp to do any printing.

Thanks,

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

You need to get the Lexmark Printer working on the Mac side before Bonjour will work for you. If you can't find a driver on the LexMark website, I suggest that you do a Google search on GimpPrint and chances are, you can find a driver that works.

3. ronaldbegg

ronaldbegg Member

Purplish, I have experienced a similar problem to JimKilby, in that I just cannot get my Epson 210 to work at all under Parallels. No problem with OS X or Vista under Boot Camp. Installed Bonjour on my Windows Vista partition, but can't make any sense of that at all

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I suggest you search this forum for many, many posts on this subject.