Boot Camp Partition to .HDD conversion

Discussion in 'Parallels Image Tool' started by RichS, Feb 4, 2010.

1. RichS

RichS Bit poster

Hi,

I have been trying to increase the hard-drive size on my windows side. I am not experienced with this sort of thing but i will try to explain as best i can. What i seem to have, is a partition, which is just a volume on my desktop (same icon as Macintosh HD) What i assume is that this is a boot camp partition, as when i try to add a new virtual machine in parallels desktop, searching under boot camp partition works for this volume. Windows is running fine, but i need more space.

The volume on my desktop is where all of the windows files are stored and has a size of just under 20gb, however when i look into the Windows XP.pvm my disk image (.hdd) file has a size of zero.

What i think i have to do is somehow convert or transfer a boot camp disk/partition to a disk image compatible with parallels in order for me to expand the size with Image Tool. I am not even sure if this is possible, and if there is any way to just expand a boot camp partition without re-installing windows that would work just as well. (Parallels 5 by the way)

Thanks,

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, RichS

Bootcamp partition resizing is not supported in our tools. Simplest way to add free space is to add new virtual disk image to the VM. Also you can try to transfer your bootcamp VM like physical machine using Parallels Transporter.

3. Sonia585

Sonia585 Bit poster

Bootcamp partition resizing is not supported in our tools. Simplest way to add free space is to add new virtual disk image to the VM. Also you can try to transfer your bootcamp VM like physical machine using Parallels Transporter.

Seo Company Delhi