mpgartland
Bit poster
I have a Macbook Pro with no optical drive. I am running OS 10.8.2 and Parallels 7.0.15107.
With no optimal drive, I place a Windows 7 ISO file on an external USB drive and plugged it in.
In Parallels, chose File > New > and chose the ISO file in the install source from the USB drive. Auto detect fails- I manually chose Win 7.
It starts the install process for about 20 seconds. I can hear and feel the USB external being accessed.
Then I receive the errors:
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
PXE-MOF: Exciting Intel PXE ROM
No boot device is available, press enter to continue.
I have tried many permutations loading this (including using a virtual DVD drive, loading the ISO on the HD of my Mac,, etc), but always end up with the same errors.
Any suggestions?
With no optimal drive, I place a Windows 7 ISO file on an external USB drive and plugged it in.
In Parallels, chose File > New > and chose the ISO file in the install source from the USB drive. Auto detect fails- I manually chose Win 7.
It starts the install process for about 20 seconds. I can hear and feel the USB external being accessed.
Then I receive the errors:
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
PXE-MOF: Exciting Intel PXE ROM
No boot device is available, press enter to continue.
I have tried many permutations loading this (including using a virtual DVD drive, loading the ISO on the HD of my Mac,, etc), but always end up with the same errors.
Any suggestions?