"Boot from Hard Drive" message

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by justvox, Jul 23, 2008.

1. justvox

justvox Bit poster

Hello,
    I just installed Parallels v 3.0 for Mac on my Mac OS X 10.5.3. I had it previously installed as a trial version, but now purchased the package and installed that after uninstalling the initial version.

Whereas before I had no problems running the Virtual Machine, it now seems I am stuck on a screen that reads "Boot from hard drive..."

I have read through some of the posts on the forum with similar messages stating that message plus some kind of "crash" message, but I don't have that. And honestly, I am not the most well-versed in this stuff, so I'd really appreciate it someone could offer some help! It seems that Parallels "free support" is undergoing some kind of transition and is not available. So I am kind of clueless as to what to do!

I did make a snapshot of the screen and I guess will try sending it to them in hopes they reply. But in the meantime, it'd be nice to be able to use Parallels!

Thanks,
    Justin

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven