Bootcamp partition on another drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BNguy, Feb 21, 2007.

1. BNguy

BNguy Bit poster

I've tried to read through all these posts and I really haven't found what I'm looking for. I have a Mac Pro and my Boot Camp partition lives on the second of two hard drives. I've tried to get Parallels to find this partition and I've had no luck. I've seen where someone else was able to get Parallels to find the other drive but it was like jumping through hoops. I'm hoping there is an easy way to do so. I'd like to be able to go between Windows and Mac without having to reboot. Yes I have a registered copy of Parallels, if that makes any difference.

I have the latest update installed, but still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

BNguy

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

3. BNguy

BNguy Bit poster

Well, no I haven't but it seems overly complicated to even attempt it, especially at the risk of blowing up my current Boot Camp stuff. I would think you should be able to attempt to "point" at the disk the partition is on and go from there, hopefully in a future release :(

4. gnujon

gnujon Junior Member

No problems here

I have a Mac Pro with two hard drives. My boot camp partition is on my second hard drive and I haven't had any problems at all booting a Windows XP VM from this partition.

I wonder what's different about my configuration that allows this to just work?

Would it be because I also have a Mac OS X partition on my second hard drive?