bootcamp stuck at Preparing to configure your virtual machine

KayV

Bit poster
Hi all,

i am stuck for the second time on "preparing to configure your virtual machine"

i installed vista x64 on my new imac 27" i7 quad core, then i installed parallels to get it as virtual machine also, but for the second time he's stuck. anyone got a solution?
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2009-12-16 at 8.09.03 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-12-16 at 8.09.03 AM.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 18
KayV,
Windows Vista 64-bit can be installed in Boot Camp not on all Mac models; please check if system requirements meet your iMac:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1846
However - if you leave configuration running for several hours - what happens? Or, you an click inside virtual machine and press Ctrl-Cmd-Option-R; this will allow you to enter manual mode and you should see where the process stalls.
 
Me too with XP

I have the same model (iMac 27inch with Quad Core), installed XP in boot camp partition and when creating a virtual machine Parallels gets stuck in the same place (judging from the status bar, I'd say exactly the same place). Have tried letting go for hours, have tried reistalling parallels, have tried different windows file systems. Nothing seems to work.

I can, however, install an XP virtual machine from CD.
 
Hi,
I am having the same problem as it is very frustrating; PLEASE, did anyone have a solution to that problem?
Thank you
 
Back
Top