Bootcamp

RossK1

Bit poster
Hi guys,

I am currently testing out Fusion and Parallels. Fusion has its own problems, but now I hit a big one with Parallels. I cannot get it to see my Bootcamp running Windows 10. I know it works as Fusion can see it and run it without a problem. With the fusion app quit, and I launch Parallels, it does not see the bootcamp partition. I have tried to do this manually where I create one manually and try to change the disk/host to Bootcamp and nothing. Any ideas? I need this to run as I use Windows 10 daily.

Thanks!
 
Hi guys,

I am currently testing out Fusion and Parallels. Fusion has its own problems, but now I hit a big one with Parallels. I cannot get it to see my Bootcamp running Windows 10. I know it works as Fusion can see it and run it without a problem. With the fusion app quit, and I launch Parallels, it does not see the bootcamp partition. I have tried to do this manually where I create one manually and try to change the disk/host to Bootcamp and nothing. Any ideas? I need this to run as I use Windows 10 daily.

Thanks!
Hi RossK1. Please make sure that Windows is shut down properly within VMware and then try to create a BootCamp based virtual machine using Parallels Desktop for Mac. If you are still unable to create, please provide the macOS and the Parallels Desktop version.
 
I moved it from boot camp to a VM. I found a VM to be better and more responsive.
This is one of the two ways of importing a boot camp partition into Parallels Desktop. Good to hear that it works out for you. Please reach out again for any additional queries.
 
Back
Top