Booting Issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by andmeek, Sep 11, 2007.

1. andmeek

andmeek Bit poster

Hi, I've deleted some of my snapshots and it doesn't do anything at boot it sits at a black screen the first time and now since I've stopped it it does the "Windows did not shutdown properly what would you like to do" dos screen. Its a windows xp install, I upgraded after deleting snapshots to the 5160 build.

The CPU usage goes to 99% and my disk reads go through the roof. Using the explorer tool all my files are there intact. And using the windows recovery console the install is still there. I did the permissions repair and disk verify in the mac os disk utility.

What should I do?

2. andmeek

andmeek Bit poster

Hard drive went completely corrupt when deleting snapshots in version 4160 (or 50? i forget)..... Had to rebuilt system....

It was weird though as parallels didn't detect it as a corrupt drive or an issue, but i tried the HDD file on a parallels workstation install on vista and it started booting then immediately provided me with an error.....

3. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

andmeek,

Opening PD 3.0 hdd file in PW 2.2 won't work at any case, because 3.0 hdd format isn't fully compatible with Parallels Workstation, you can use the new Image Tool bundled with Parallels Desktop 3.0 build 5160 to convert hdd to the old format.

To troubleshoot your problem with Windows please try running Windows installation repair as described in this article - http://kb.parallels.com/entry/64/336/