Bouncing Icons - PD 9

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by wycliffe, Sep 16, 2013.

1. wycliffe

wycliffe Member

I installed PD 9 this am. I use AOL IM in the Windows virtual machine. Every time someone sends me a message, the icon "bounces" up and down in the System Tray on the Mac until I click on the AOL IM. Is there any way to disable it so it does not bounce?

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Try unchecking the following option:

Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Applications -> Share Windows applications with Mac -> Dock icons bounce to alert

3. wycliffe

wycliffe Member

Thank you so much. I was not aware of this feature until it started doing it!

4. Tamjoe

Tamjoe Bit poster

Unchecking that option did not work for me, the dock icon still bounces even if nothing is going on (like an alert or notification). It seems rather random. It just started when I upgraded to PD9 from PD8. Nothing I do seems to make it stop doing it. Very annoying. Any other ideas on how to stop it?

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Tamjoe,

You may try the following step and check if that helps :

On the Mac side click on Apple icon from the System Tray ► System Preference (Mac Side) ► Notifications ► Outlook for Windows ► Select either Alert or Banner