Bridged networking fails with Linux VM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by SteveM34, May 16, 2021.

1. SteveM34

SteveM34 Bit Poster

I'm running PD 6.5.0 on an M1 MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.3.1) with Kali Linux as the VM. Shared networking works fine, but bridged networking works only if I specify a static IP for the VM. This is okay in the lab, but useless on engagements where I need the VM to obtain an IP via DHCP. And it looks to me like it's the DHCP part of the equation that is failing. I need bridged mode for things like opening reverse shells - the VM needs to be on the same subnet as the rest of the network, so shared networking is useless.

I know that PD has had many problems with bridged networking, especially on Big Sur, in the past. Is this still borked or this there something I'm missing?

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here?

3. SteveM34

SteveM34 Bit Poster

Okay - report 369511300 has been sent.

4. SteveM34

SteveM34 Bit Poster

Still having problems with this. I have two Linux VMs and on Windows 10 ARM, and bridged networking doesn't work on any of them.