Parallels Desktop Version 17.1.4 (51567), Pro edition. MacOS 12.4 on M1 Pro.
When creating a Windows 11 VM, the master key for the vTPM storage file is stored in Keychain under the name "Parallels.vTPM.{<vm_uuid>}". When later deleting the VM, after selecting the option to delete all associated files, the vTPM master key in Keychain is not deleted. If you've created and deleted a large number of VMs then many orphaned vTPM master keys remain in the user's keychain.
Given the vTPM storage file has been deleted, the master keys remaining in the user's keychain have no possible use and should be deleted at the point where the vTPM storage file is deleted by Parallels.
aside: how are we meant to submit bug reports? I've tried raising a support ticket but they seem intent on providing me end-user assistance (by manually deleting the orphaned keychain items?) rather than replicating the behaviour and forwarding a bug report to the dev team's queue. I get that end-user assistance is what tier-1 support's job is, but I don't want help, I just want to submit a bug report.
When creating a Windows 11 VM, the master key for the vTPM storage file is stored in Keychain under the name "Parallels.vTPM.{<vm_uuid>}". When later deleting the VM, after selecting the option to delete all associated files, the vTPM master key in Keychain is not deleted. If you've created and deleted a large number of VMs then many orphaned vTPM master keys remain in the user's keychain.
Given the vTPM storage file has been deleted, the master keys remaining in the user's keychain have no possible use and should be deleted at the point where the vTPM storage file is deleted by Parallels.
aside: how are we meant to submit bug reports? I've tried raising a support ticket but they seem intent on providing me end-user assistance (by manually deleting the orphaned keychain items?) rather than replicating the behaviour and forwarding a bug report to the dev team's queue. I get that end-user assistance is what tier-1 support's job is, but I don't want help, I just want to submit a bug report.