Bugs (minor) ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Clabbe, May 21, 2009.

1. Clabbe

Clabbe Bit poster

Hi guys,

I'm a newbee to both MAC and Parallels, but I have managed to get a working installation with OS X, Parallels and Windows Vista Business - but there are a few things which are annoying me and I wanted to ask about...

1. iSight camera with MSN
    After installation of Parallels and Vista, I installed the iSight drivers to the Vista VM. I got iSight working with MSN. But the next time I tried it it didn't... I've been searching high and low and I have tried to re-istall the drivers again but to no success.
    Finally I found it out yesterday - I had to "activate" the iSight camera in Parallels, under the Parallels top menu: Devices > USB > Apple Built-in iSight. Then the system tries to install the drivers (again) and finally say it can't find them and ask if I want to search for drivers on the Net. I closed that "drivers window" and tried the iSight cam in MSN anyway - and it worked !!!
    Today I tried to run the iSight cam with MSN again and the same thing happens again... I have to "activate" the iSight cam again.
    So - the question is - is there a way to have Parallels "remember" the settings ??

2. Remember Vista settings
    Following up on the "remember things" from point 1 above - I usually set my Windows Start bar to "hide automatically" under the Start menu preferences (as I run a Swedish language release of Vista, I'm not 100% sure of the exact phrase/names in Vista).
    But ALMOST every time (but not ALL times) I start up Vista via Parallels again that setting is gone and the Start menu is fixed in the bottom of the screen. I have never had that problem running any version of XP or Vista in a "native" PC environment so I wonder if it's something with Parallels that somehow "rejects" certain changes ??
    Maybe it's related to the #1 issue above... In other words, maybe there's some setting I need to adjust in Parallels in order to "save/accept" changes ??

3. I used to start Vista in Coherence mode, but then the Vista Gadget tools would load, but not show (you see the outline of each Gadget, but there is no "content". So - you see a circle shape, but don't see the actual clock which is supposed to be in the circle).
    But if I start Vista in Window mode, everything loads as expected and then I can switch to Coherence mode and the Gadgets are OK. I wouldn't really call that a "problem", just an annoying fact that I wanted to inform about...

Anyhow, it would be great if someone has got any suggestions to the points 1 & 2...
    THANKS !

Clabbe