Build 3106 + Mac Pro + BootCamp = BSOD

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ChrisH, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ChrisH

ChrisH Bit poster

Have been trying to get these new betas to work with my 100gb NTFS bootcamp partition, with no success.

Here is a quick breakdown of this system.

Dual 2.66 ghz Mac pro
    150 gb MAC Partition on Drive 1
    100 gb NTFS partition on Drive 1 with Windows XP Pro installed
    2gb RAM

Whenever I try to launch the bootcamp partition, it prompts for the parallels profile, but then crashes within a couple of seconds. It I retry it in 'safe' mode, it seems to stop on the MUP.SYS file.

Has anyone with a similar setup been able to make this work successfully? Any other suggestions that I may have overlooked?

2. photo

photo Bit poster

Same problem here.
    I have a 2.66 Mac Pro too. 32GB FAT 32 with Win XP on Drive 1 (working Bootcamp config).
    I get a bluescreen sortly after the Parallels profile is selected, after about a half a second of the WindowsXP loading screen with the moving blue bar.
    Mine also gets to MUP.SYS if I do a safe mode reboot.
    I have tried a Repair Install within Parallels, which will make Parallels work fine, but then I can't dual boot - I get exactly the same error booting using bootcamp.
    Looking at this board, there are aat least a half dozen people reporting the same problem.

EDIT:

The Bluescreen error is a 7B, i.e.:

0x7B. Inaccessible boot device

Which is interesting. In my macchine Drive 1 is a stock Seagate 250GB. I wonder what the other users with the error are booting off? I also have two other drives installed, but Parallels gives me a different error if I ty to boot off anything besides my first disk.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007