Build 4128 Out

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hookedonitunes, Jun 10, 2007.

1. hookedonitunes

hookedonitunes Junior Member

Not yet on the download page; go to Help -> check for updates

2. gtjuggler

gtjuggler Member

I'm downloading now.

Anyone who downloads, post any changes made in this version, if things work now that didnt before, or if things are broken. I'm sure we'd all like to know.

The dialog said its now compatible with boot camp 1.3. :)

I'll update with my findings.

3. shahrum

shahrum Bit poster

** Prays for Valve Steam/HL 2 support **

4. isalex

isalex Bit poster

Downloading now... Any word on the changes?

5. dailo

dailo Member

It's just a small change that was supposed to fix a Windows Vista issue. You can read more in the thread it was posted.

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

It crashed Fusion during the install, and SmartStart applications are still enabled with no means to disable them. I didn't see any other changes.

7. wesley

wesley Pro

Must be something in the order of 3186->3188 kind of changes. No feature differences, just minor compatibility kink ironed out.

Also, it's also on the download pages right now (linked file says it's build 4128), but the page itself still says it's build 4124.

8. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

It didn't break my Cisco VPN, but 4124 didn't, either. The release notes are pointless, so I have no idea what problems this version fixed.

9. wesley

wesley Pro

Installed it just now over 4124. It didn't make me reboot, but running Parallels after installation and attempting to launch the VM produced an error saying that the virtual bridge couldn't be initialized or something. I rebooted and Parallels runs fine now. The VM got the Parallels Tools updated and needed a reboot. Nothing else in particular.

Oh, and the update did not overwrite my manual install of MacFUSE 0.4.0 back to 0.3.0... either that or 4128 comes with 0.4.0. I'm not sure.

10. idanmashaal

idanmashaal Member

Try Drag and Drop from Windows XP VM desktop to OS X dektop.
    (Make sure that Type isset to XP)

Are you able to do that or is it stuck on the border of the Parallels window ?

Idan.

11. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

That is a symptom of Parallels tools not being installed properly.

12. gtjuggler

gtjuggler Member

Same here. virtual bridge issue... restarted and it was fine.

13. idanmashaal

idanmashaal Member

DKP - How can I solve this ? -- Are you seeing this issue also?
    I've posted this in the beta also.
    This started since 4106.
    I uninstalled Parallels Tools and reinstalled - no go (did this twice)
    Changing the VM type to 2000 makes Drag and Drop work from VM to desktop.
    I have a 2000 VM that doesn't have this problem (type = 2000) when changing the type to XP - same effect - Drag and Drop works.

To work around this issue you need to create a shortcut of your folder and access it via shortcut, that way it can work - for example, create a shortcut of the desktop folder on your desktop (or any other folder, you can place it anywhere too) now you will be able to drag and drop from VM to Mac OS X.

14. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I haven't had this problem so can't offer a cure. Sorry. Are you using bootcamp?

15. idanmashaal

idanmashaal Member

Never used boot camp.
    All my VM's are freshly installed.

I just did the tests again.

2K VM - type XP, Drag and drop from VM doesn't work except for the workaround in my previous post.

XP VM - type 2K, Drah and drop works perfectly.

2K VM - type 2K, Drah and drop works perfectly.

XP VM - type XP, Drag and drop from VM doesn't work except for the workaround in my

I guess it's a problem with the types ?

Idan

16. iNfEk

iNfEk Junior Member

downloaded the new update via parallels and uninstalled the previous version. installed new copy and went brought up vista boot camp partition through parallels.

It seems like whatever this "update" contained fixed my problem with it stalling right after the welcome screen.

further, parallel tools installed BEFORE everything starts up so I think that took care of some of the issues.

What happens to the bootcamp software that was previously installed through the boot camp cd that was created? I notice that those program don't run (i.e. bluetooth...etc.) but I can use my bluetooth mightmouse...etc. Where they the problem?

Now on to testing the "new" features in the lastest version