Build 4560

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by ccparallels, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ccparallels

ccparallels Member

Anybody install PD 3.0 build 4560 for use with LINUX (I'm concerned about Fedora 7 but still intererested in any others too)? Most of it seems Win oriented, but stil curious if it yields any pros on cons LINUX-wise?

2. fbronner

fbronner Pro

I'm using it to run a Kubuntu 7.04, 7.10 and OpenSuse 10.2.

My kubuntu 7.04 is used for netbeans experimentation. The opensuse is sued as an oracle server. The Kubuntu 7.10 is for trying it out.

Parallel tools for linux are great because they do not lock the mouse and keyboard inside the linux VM, and they allow live resizing of X.

By the way, if you want to install Kubuntu, ubuntu, try the alternate CD. As for OpenSuse. I installed it in the days of 2.2 and I am still using the same VM from back then.

3. ccparallels

ccparallels Member

I installed 4560 with Fedora 7 last night and so far it does not seem to have hurt anything.

4560 claims time sync capability with LINUX. The clock under LINUX seems ok once my desktop comes up, dunno if this is the time sync feature of 4560 or not? Or should we specifically uninstall the tools and then reinstall them for 4560, even thought it all seems ok (I don't want to break anything)?