[C] Windows XP in Parallels Error

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PToomeyJr, Nov 11, 2007.

1. PToomeyJr

PToomeyJr Member

What does this error mean? When I open Parallels 5160 in Leopard I sporadically get the following dialogue box that appears. The message is "Timed out waiting for the file system to initialize. The volume has been ejected. You can no longer use the init_timeout option to wait longer." It does not seem that anything is wrong with the boot. The XP works fine even after I click "OK" with my mouse, but this error message is annoying and if nothing is in fact wrong why is it showing up?

Patrick
    Charlottesville, Virginia

2. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

I get this most of the time since upgrading to Leopard. If you just ckick ok it seems to work fine.

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

for Drive C mounting and Timeout error please try to install the latest MacFUSE release: http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/downloads/list
    And go to Finder->Preferences and make sure the option "Connected Servers" is enabled.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

4. chicago63

chicago63 Junior Member

Did all that....

I did download the latest MacFUSE and made sure Connected Servers is enabled and I don't have the [C] Windows XP on the Mac desktop.

Also, I cannot copy files from the Mac side to the XP/Parallels desktop. Why?

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

try to reinstall Parallels Tools. Will it help?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

6. chicago63

chicago63 Junior Member

I did that and no, unfortunately it did not help. How soon until the next build is officially released that fixes all these issues?

7. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

a free update providing full Leopard compatibility is being developed and will be released soon. This update’s quality and usability are very important for us, and Parallels Desktop is a multiaspect program, so the developers’ and testers’ work takes time. When full testing and bug fixing are finished, the update will be released.
    We hope it will be really soon.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

8. chicago63

chicago63 Junior Member

Thanks. I will wait for the update.